If you are one of the thousands of consumers that are dealing with a junk car clogging your driveway, chances are, you are reading this article in search of the best way to get rid of it. Through your research, you have most likely found 2 options, either sell it to a junk yard or donate it. However, deciding which of these 2 options to choose has many consumers stuck! Here are the pros and cons associated with donating a junk car or selling it:
Donate My Car
Because junk cars have a perceived value of between $200 and $500, many charities use car donations as the primary source of funding for the work that they do in their communities. Donating a junk car gives the charity the opportunity to break down the car to remove all working parts and scrap metal for sale. These parts and scrap metal although not very valuable to consumers, provide the funding that many charities use to find cures, feed and shelter the homeless, provide humanitarian aid, help women and children and much, much more!
Donate My Car Pros
- Free Junk Car Removal: When you make the decision to donate your junk car, the first benefit that you will find is that your junk car is removed with zero out of pocket cost to you!
- Helps The Community: Donating a car provides funding to charities that do good things in your community. Therefore, when you donate a car, you have the instant gratification of knowing that your donation will provide the funding that helps so many people!
- Tax Deduction: Finally, if you choose to donate your car, you will be in for a great tax deduction. As a matter of fact, if your car generates proceeds in the amount of under $500, you will receive a $500 tax write off. However, if your car donation generates proceeds in excess of $500, your tax deduction will directly reflect the amount of proceeds generated from your donation!
Donate My Car Cons
Well, to be honest, I haven’t been able to find any negative aspect of donating a junk car!
Sell My Car To A Junkyard
Once again, because junk cars have a high perceived value, there are many companies out there that would like to buy your junk car from you.
Sell My Car To A Junkyard Pros
- Free Junk Car Removal: If you make the decision to sell your junk car, it will also be picked up for free!
- Cash Payment: If you decide to sell your junk car, you will be able to ask for a small amount of cash up front!
Sell My Car To A Junkyard Cons
- Your Junk Car Will Not Help The Community: Because your car is being sold to a junkyard, that junkyard needs a return on their investment. Therefore, the car parts and scrap metal will be sold for a profit, not to help the community!
- Very Small Payment: Most junk cars purchased by junkyards are purchased for between $100 and $200. A number that doesn’t come close to the amount of money that you could save on your taxes by donating!
After reading this, I hope that you can see that donating your junk car is your best option! The process is free and simple. Most of all, you will get the instant gratification of knowing that you are helping your community! To start the process of donating your car, please fill out the form to the right!