CHC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We have developed this policy in order for you to understand how CHC collects and uses your information. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CHC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any of the actions described in this policy, your remedy is to discontinue your use of the website.
How we collect information
Other than simply browsing our website, there are a variety of other ways information may be collected from you as you use our website:
- Making an online car or vehicle donation.
- Making a “Contact Us” inquiry.
- Providing survey feedback
- Opt in for information and communication
What we collect
We may collect the following information, personal information that you choose to supply to CHC and non-personal information:
- Contact information including mailing address, email address and phone number
- Demographic information and personal information such as postcode, SSN, date of birth, preferences, and interests
- Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website
- Non-personal information
- Session cookies to help you navigate through our site
- IP address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, browser type, operating system, etc.)
Cookies are discussed in more detail below.
What we do with the information we gather
Generally, we request and use this personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a car or vehicle donation, providing survey information and contact us requests. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
- Communicate with you to obtain your input to improve your online experience
- Customize the website according to your interests
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing.
- Share all information with the charity you donated to.
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing.
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, donors, charities or others or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
- We reserve the right to use all information collected to market other goods and services on behalf of ourselves or our charity partners or for any other purpose CHC see fit.
Car and Vehicle Donations – Getting it right is important to us!
We are committed to accuracy and precision in processing your Car Donation information. We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security, and accurate processing of your information.
If you need to contact us to review your information or make corrections, please call 866-701-2277
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is usually removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.