Jacksonville Humane Society
The Jacksonville Humane Society is a non-profit, no-kill animal adoption and education center, in continuous operation since 1885. JHS serves as a resource to the community for all companion-animal related issues. Connecting ONE-OF-A-KIND PETS with ONE-OF-A-KIND HOMES.
We will do the right thing for each animal and the right thing for each person who needs assistance from JHS.
Our Programs and Services:
- Adoptions – approximately 4,000 per year
- Pet receiving (owner relinquishment)
- Animal Behavior Programs, Behavior help line, Puppy training classes, Dog manners classes
- Humane Education programs – reaching over 9,000 school students and adults at schools, workplaces and special events
- Foster Program – including assistance for the homeless, allows over 2,100 animals to be in loving foster homes until they are ready for adoption
- Transfer Program – welcoming approximately 2,000 animals per year from other shelters
- Rehoming page on website – offering alternatives to owners who wish to adopt out their animal without relinquishing to a shelter
- Spay or neuter approximately 2,500 homeless pets per year
- Perform more than 3,900 medical procedures other than spay/neuter